Bravo Yoghurt is easy to make at home with the BRAVO Easy Kit, it only requires MILK
There is nothing else to buy: neither yogurt maker or other special kitchen tools, nor colostrum (it is included in the BRAVO Easy Kit).
The preparation of BRAVO is very simple and doesnt take long. Simply mixing the powders (included in the kit) in one liter of organic whole milk you will have, 24 hours later, your BRAVO ready to drink, enough for one week.
BRAVO PREPARATION KITCHEN SUPPLY LIST (not included in the kit)
- Pot for boiling milk
- Glass bowl
- Medium-mesh stainless steel strainer
- Plastic or steel long-handled cooking spoon for stirring milk
- One regular spoon, one long teaspoon and one ladle
- Serving containers with lids
- Lightweight aluminum foil
INSTRUCTIONS STEP BY STEP
Keep all preparation utensils and materials separate from other household items (for example you could keep them in a clean plastic tub) and use them only for preparing BRAVO. Do not eat or cook while preparing BRAVO. Utensils necessary for the preparation of BRAVO can be washed in a regular dishwasher.
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 x Active BRAVO probiotic Component 1 (Colostrum Mix)
- 1 x Active BRAVO probiotic Component 2 (Starter)
It is preferable to use whole, high quality, pasteurized cow’s milk (for its high content in proteins), best with 3.8% fat in organic quality. Homogenized or non-homogenized milk may be used. Raw milk can be used since it has to be boiled anyway. Goat’s milk can be used if the same guidelines are followed. In line of principle, any mammal’s milk may be used. Please remember that changing the source and the kind of the milk the consistency and the taste of the finished yogurt can vary.
Avoid using, if possible, Ultra Pasteurized (UHT) milk since the high temperature used to sterilize it completely breaks most of the milk proteins.
In some countries (e.g. USA) milk is regularly added with vitamin A (6% daily values), vitamin D (25% daily values) and calcium (30% daily values) and it can be used with no problems to prepare BRAVO.
Do NOT use:
- Extra added vitamins A and D milk
- low-fat or fat-free milk
- UHT milk, since most of the milk proteins are destroyed by sterilization with ultra high temperature
- Milk with added preservatives, hormons or other chemical substances
- Rice, soy, almond (or others)
- Lactose-free milk
Before starting, be sure to wash your hands. During the preparation use clean paper towels and NOT textile towels for drying and discard them after use. Be sure all work surfaces and utensils are clean. Do not eat or cook while preparing BRAVO yogurt.
- Boil 1 liter of milk, stirring well continuously to keep from sticking to bottom of pot until it boils. Milk boils when it blows up to the rim of the pot. Remove the pot from heat immediately. Do not over boiling the milk. This point is critical for the success.
- Cool the milk to room temperature (68-86°F) without stirring it (simply leave it at room temperature). Remove the thick layer off top and discard it (it is mainly composed by caseins).
- Put about 1 large cup of the warm milk into a glass bowl. Gently add 1 x component 1 (Colostrum Mix) and 1 x component 2 (Starter) and stir thoroughly until all the clumps have been completely dissolved. Now you can add the remaining milk and whisk well. Make sure that no clumps are remaining.
- Loosely cover the bowl with aluminum foil so that air can pass over the fermenting milk while it is covered.
- Set the bowl aside in a draft-free spot where it will not be disturbed and temperature will remain constant. Do not mix or move it. BRAVO will ferment in 24-48 hours depending on the room temperature. You can check 24 hours later from the beginning, if the thickness of BRAVO is correct; if you are not sure about its thickness, you can remove a little part of the surface (near the rim) with a tablespoon. If BRAVO is not thick as expected, wait up to 24 additional hours until it is thick enough (it can stay at room temperature for maximum 48 hours). You can check from time to time but without stirring it; the process of stirring will stop the fermentation process.
- Once BRAVO has reached the appropriate thickness, mix it well using a tablespoon. If clumps are present, strain it using the metal strainer.
- Split the BRAVO into single daily doses using glass jars with lid.
- Store BRAVO into the refrigerator.
BRAVO yogurt expiration date while cooled in the fridge is about 2 weeks after preparation. BRAVO yogurt may NOT be frozen.
Consumption of BRAVO Yogurt
Adults: daily 100-125 mil (4 frl.oz.)
Children: daily amount analogue according to body weight
Consumption is recommended after or together with a high-fiber meal (stir e.g. ColoStabil). Stir well before drinking. Do NOT add sugar or artificial sweeteners. Avoid also consuming products containing them (drinks, food, chewing gum), since the yogurt’s effect in the intestine is negatively modifed. Artificial sweeteners kill the friendly good bacteria and microorganisms.
In case of cow’s milk allergy:
For the preparation of BRAVO yogurt all milk types from mammals (e.g. also goat and sheep) are suitable. People suffering from milk allergies, especially cow’s milk allergy, should choose a type of milk that they can tolerate.
In case of lactose intolerance:
After a full fermentation of BRAVO yogurt large parts of lactose are metabolized and converted by the microorganisms. After fermentation by lactic acid bacteria BRAVO yogurt hardly contains any lactose. Possibly a sensitivity can be avoided by reducing the daily amount of yogurt as fas as necessary.
Colostrum Mix as well as Starter do not contain any coloring, preservatives, flavors, sugar, gluten, soy, wheat, rice, starch, egg or nuts.